Monday, September 12, 2011

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

With Simon struggling to deal with his life as a vampire, Jace disappearing and seeming to hide from friends and family alike, Clary tries to figure things out for herself and help her mother prepare for the wedding.

Book 4 ….. I am a ‘happy ever after’ reader and this was not that type of book. Okay so the final battle was pretty good even if extremely predictable. The actual conclusion to the book was a “cliffhanger” in the worse sense of the word. This book was so slow going, getting to the few and far between good parts took effort, a lot of effort. So very disappointed to see Jace with so much self doubt, even knowing what he was wrestling with. Terrible to watch Simon feeling so isolated and yet needy. Even Clary and Alec seemed smaller, less than themselves. Don’t know if I will be able to read book 5 (who am I kidding, of course I will). I just hope that it proves to be a correction for the injustices to the characters that this one seemed to be. If it be a bridge, or all about setting up some greater story all I can hope for is that it was worth it. ( )
April 18, 2011

No comments: