Thursday, November 5, 2009

Book - Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

As what is being called a quirky classic, this has Miss Elizabeth Bennett, her family, Mr. Darcy and other characters that we know from the original Pride and Prejudice, but it is strange, different and even funny. I spent most of the book trying to remember the original story and then compare it to what was happening at the time regardless of the zombies. Had a difficult time getting in to it, it didn’t hold my attention as well as I expected it to. While it was funny, it also seemed a bit disjointed, maybe because of the addition of the ‘unmentionables’ or zombies. The flow seemed to stutter every once in a while which distracted me with the wording of it all. While it is a great concept and a funny addition to any reading list, it was not something I would ever re-read. I am a fan of the original Miss Bennett and Mr. Darcy romance and found this to be either to similar or to different - at differing times of the story. I was hoping for a much more “happy medium” between the original and the outrageously weird idea of zombies at Pemberley. Almost makes me want to pull out my copy of Jane Austen’s classic Pride and Prejudice just to remember how much I liked the story, without the blood and gore. ( )
Nov 5, 2009

No comments: