Thursday, December 18, 2008

Youth Fiction - Haunted Castle on Hallow's Eve

Haunted Castle on Hallow's Eve (Magic Tree House, 30)… by Mary Pope Osborne
Jack and Annie take a magical adventure to see Merlin and to help bring order to the castle of the duke and save the future of Camelot. This mission takes them through a forest and to a tunnel of fear. The magic of the sorcerers and woodsprites help after the ravens appear. Soon the castle has been put back to order, Jack, Annie and Teddy are on the way back. Soon the tree house will take them back to Frog Creek for Halloween night.

My daughter has read a few of these and is always telling me how much she enjoys the magic and the adventure, so I read this one myself. Very good, I can see why kids (ages 8-12) get so much out of these books. The language is easy flowing and the adventure really is fast paced, it seems the type of story to hold the attention span of the age group (and mom). This book is #30 of the magic tree house books, it is called a Merlin Mission and the magical elements to it are great. I think I will read more of these, after dear daughter has had her turn.

Aug 12, 2008

No comments: