Saturday, December 20, 2008

Childrens - I Love you Stinky Face

I Love You Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
A mother is tucking in her small child, but he has a question! This creative young boy wants to know if Mama will still love him if her were a scary ape, a terrible dinosaur, a green alien or a stinky skunk. Mama, of course, will love her little one no matter what he is and so she tells him until he is satisfied enough to finally say “I love you, Mama.”

What a wonderful and addictive book. I had gotten this book years ago, I have read it to the kids so many times, I think we all know it by heart but the pictures and the words are so fun and so loving that it really does get read and read again. I love the pictures by Cyd Moore, they really portray the boys descriptions of his mythical self. I asked the kids for the best part, they said ‘all of it’ and then, ‘I didn’t like the dinosaur’. I love that the kids know that Mama loves the boy no matter what, just like most mothers (including me of course).

Sep 21, 2008

No comments: