Saturday, December 20, 2008

Book - Garden Spells

Garden Spells (Bantam Discovery) by Sarah Addison Allen
The house of Waverley had always held something magical for the women who lived in it and the town that lived around it. Claire had made good use of the flowers that bloomed under that magical apple tree, she had made a good career catering to the whims of the town, now that her sister had come home, and a new man had moved in next door, her world had been turned upside down.

This is the debut novel for Sarah Addison Allen, WOW, this book is so good I can’t write out a synopsis because I am so afraid of giving away too much. The character dynamics are fantastic, I fell in love with Claire, Tyler, Evenelle and all the rest. I really enjoyed the magical elements to the apple tree, the gift giving, the sense of placement and belonging. They were so subtle at times that it made you believe in the possibility of it all. I felt chills, laughed out loud, cried, cringed and even yelled at the book, I was so enveloped in this book I was talking to the apple tree myself. Absolutely wonderful and magical book of romance, family love, and acceptance.

Sep 22, 2008

No comments: