Saturday, November 8, 2008

Young Adult - Eclipse

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) by Stephenie Meyer
Bella always finds herself in trouble. Can natural enemies, Edward and Jacob, be able to work together to help keep her safe? The tension between these two is so intense and so solid that Bella feels them pulling her apart, inside her heart she knows what she wants but will she have the strength to do what needs to be done to save them all.

This is one of the longest books I have ever read, in one day. I didn’t think it was possible, but I could not put it down. At times it felt a little wordy, but mostly the descriptions made the book as clear as if I had been there. The picture of the mountains, the clearing, the river and the emotions was so heartfelt, it is easy to see why everyone (well, almost everyone) is in love with Edward. It is also easy to fall for Jacob. I wasn’t as taken with Bella in this book, I felt she was selfish and didn’t really deserve either one. I am still looking forward to the next, and last of the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn is only a couple of weeks away.

Jul 11, 2008

1 comment:

Josette said...

I enjoyed this book too and found it an easy and quick read. My favourite characters would be Jacob and Alice! I don't know why, I just like them more than the others. :)

Bella's lucky and unlucky at the same time. Lucky to have so many protectors and yet unlucky to always land herself in trouble.