Saturday, September 20, 2008

Book - Wear Your Life Well

In April I was luck enough to be chosen by HarperCollin FirstLook program to receive the Advanced Reader Copy of the newest of Marilu Henner's books, and here is the review that I provided for that first look:

Wear Your Life Well: Use What You Have to Get What You Want… by Marilu Henner
Early review for Harper Collins first look program: Wear Your Life Well is a compilation of all her work with women on her website, she references Marilu.com quite often as she refers to the examples, personal stories and exercises.
The energy is contagious and I could almost hear Marilu Henner in my ear throughout this whole book. She is confident in her words and gives quotes from her website members. Marilu says 'progress not perfect' and proves it by telling stories of her past mistakes, trials and attempts. It is her past that shows she knows what and where others are coming from.
The overall feeling of motivation that runs through this book is inspiring but it also gives very specific solutions in the exercises and lists. This is definitely written for women, but there are many parts that I believe would benefit the men around us also.
Apr 20, 2008

After I read it, I was able to find her booksigning tour on HarperCollins, I found that she had a date in Oklahoma City, it may have been a 3 hour drive, but my very understanding family humored me, now I have a signed advanced reader copy of this book. Something to make memories and to enjoy again later.

No comments: